Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fixing leaking pipes in our home

When we did our first remodel in our house; Scott installed a new pipe that was flexible instead of the copper piping to fix our heat. This flexible stuff was the NEW was to go because it made plumbing easier. Well now over ten years later....that GREAT pipe is split and leaking all inside my walls and crawlspace.

We have had to cut holes in my walls; ripped up a stair to get to this faulty piping. (which is the orange ones.)

Mold was growing inside my walls on the sheetrock.





All the orange pipe had to be replaced with new black flexible hose.
Thanks to Tim and Devin, we got it fixed. So now that leads to painting, new flooring (which is the least) but does that mean another major remodel is in the works and this is only the beginning? Not sure I'm up to that emotionally!

4 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Good thing you've got some great help. Does not sound fun at all to have home repairs on the minds. has got to be 'draining':-)

Matt and Jess said...

That horrible to have happen, and such a pain! That'd be fun to have an excuse to remodel!

Irene said...

Yes, it's time for another SMALL remodel. Time to change the rocks, paint and how about the panneling? :)

Flahauts said...

That is a bummer. Is it mean if I say I'm glad it's not me. Been there and hated it. Good luck with it!