Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Husband Tag

Bridgette; this is for you. I did find out however that my answers have probably changed over the years. I probably wouldn't have answered some of these questions like this when we first got married.

1. Where did we meet? 1972 Young Adults (back then it was called M-men and Gleanors) I visited Scott's stake to see how an active program was working so I could bring it to my stake.

2. How long did we date before we got married? Our first date was on Sept. 17 and we were married on March 21 of 1973. So 6 months. My mom probably was freaking out.

3. How long have we been married? 36 years this March 21

4. My favorite feature about him? Now; is that he still has his hair

5. My favorite quality about him? His integrity. He's not afraid to stand up for what he believes

6. His nickname for me. Babe

7. His favorite color. I'm not sure he has one. He wears alot of browns

8. His favorite food: Anything that he concocks together. He loves to experiment in the kitchen with food.

9. His favorite sport: golf and hunting

10. Who said the L word first? I did; I wrote it on a Halloween card I gave him.

11. Where was our first kiss? on the lawn at Ben Lomond High School

12. Favorite couple thing to do? It used to be skiing; now it is going to Bear Lake for the weekend

13. How many kids do we have? 5; all of which are married now and we have 13 grandchildren.

14. His talent? speaking to a group of people in church or political settings without notes.

15. His age? 59 this April

16. Favorite Music; Scott doesn't listen to music very much. He is in his car ALOT, but always listens to KSL news or Doug Wright. Sundays he will put in a CD of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

17. What I admire most about him? His drive for life; always trying to improve himself

18. Favorite pastime? golf

19. Will he read this? no; too busy

20. Where did he say the L word? I don't really remember; but the L word was extremely special to Scott and it wasn't something you just threw out there just because. So when he did say it; I knew he meant it. I likewise knew I better mean it when I said it.

3 comments:

The Fife's said...

I Love it! I loved the hair comment! It was great to learn about my favorite Aunt and Uncle.

Irene said...

Although I knew most of that, it was nice to read. I agree with a lot of those comments you wrote for your favorite things about him.

Matt and Jess said...

That's a fun post to read about you guys, and I loved the one below where you took your grandkids to the planetarium, I'll bet they loved it!