Thursday, June 4, 2009

A fun day at the Ogden Cannery!

Scott and I decided that we needed to update our food storage.
So Jennifer got us an appointment for last Saturday for one hour at the dry pack cannery.
What a great time we had. Here Austin and Scott fill the cans, while Irene makes sure there is food to put in the cans.

After the cans were filled Jennifer made sure they were sealed and then I labeled each one.
Shawnee filled the boxes with 6 cans and labeled each box so we knew what was in there.

After we got over the "shock" of looking pretty geeky; we really did have a fun time. We filled enough boxes that each family got 8 boxes of dry food. Thanks to the missionaries that worked at the cannery. They were a great help and even made us laugh.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That is such a great thing to go do. Looks like you guys had fun. Jed and I need to work on building up our food storage.

Megan J. Dawson said...

I love working at the cannery... it's good family togetherness time too.

Kelli said...

So sad we missed getting our picture's taken with hairnets on:)
Thanks for doing our work while Erik and I were sick. Next time for sure!!

Matt and Jess said...

I love the cannery, our ym/yw go there every three months for our ward and I always look forward to that activity.