Thursday, April 2, 2009

An unusual "baby sitting request"


Austin and Shawnee are trying their hands at being farmers, or ranchers. They bought 5 turkeys and 8 chickens to raise this summer. They had them over to my house last Saturday evening and then they needed to leave to go to a birthday dinner and asked us if they could leave the chicks for a "little" while. We locked them up in Vader's "room". and you can see it drove him nuts!


He stood in front of his "room" listening to the cheeping for nearly 3 hours!



I'm sure glad that it is Austin's and Shawnee's responsibility to feed, raise, change litter paper, and LISTEN to them til it gets warm enough to put them outside!

2 comments:

Megan J. Dawson said...

Hopefully it goes well for Austin and Shawnee with these birds... I think my Dad wants to get some this spring too.

Kelli said...

I need to get the pictures of Hannah holding them up, they turned out really cute. It was so funny to see Vader.