Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Farewell to my niece Rachael


My niece Rachael ( my sister Cindy's daughter) died in a automobile crash with a 800 lb. moose just outside Malad, Idaho on October 17. She was coming to the Ogden area with her cousin Lisa to do some shopping and errands. The girls were attending BYU-Idaho. At 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon a moose wandered out into the freeway and crossed 4 lanes of traffic. Rachael and Lisa had their vision blocked by a Suburban and ran right into the moose, killing it and Rachael. Lisa just escaped with a few cuts, scapes and bruises. So my brother Gary and I flew out to Minnesota (where both girls were from) to attend the funeral and spend a few days with our sister and brother-in-law. What a tragic thing! Thank goodness for the gospel. Only God knows why such things happen.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We've been thinking about Rachael all week! I think it's nice you flew out for the funeral to show your support for those left behind!

Yep, as far as I know, Cory is the first and only doctor in the family. I'm so proud of him!!